TSX: NPI.CA

Hai Long (Offshore wind)


Location: Taiwan Strait, Taiwan Energy source & type: Wind - Offshore Wind Farm
Stage: In development Expected COD: 2024-2025 Capacity: 1,044 MW %Owned: 60%

Overview

Northland is 60% owner of the Hai Long offshore wind project, and will play an active role throughout construction and operations alongside partner Yushan Energy Co. Ltd. who own the remaining 40% of the project. Hai Long has three separate grid allocations - Hai Long 2a - 300 MW, Hai Long 2b - 232 MW and Hai Long 3 - 512 MW. The wind farm will be located 50-70 km from the shore of Changhua county.

Features

  • Located in the Taiwan Strait, a body of water ranked as one of the world's 20 best offshore wind resources
  • Grid availability dates of 2024 & 2025, with the ability to execute 20-year power contracts under Taiwan's feed-in-tariff regime.
  • Committed to using Siemens Gamesa's 14 MW offshore wind turbine (SG 14-222 DD) at the 300 MW grid allocation of Hai Long 2A
  • Pioneering project in Taiwan's offshore wind industry
Wind
  • 2019 Annual Report

    Read our 2019 Annual Report

    Learn More
  • 2020 Investor Presentation

    Continuing our goal to be a leader in the development and operation of sustainable energy assets in Canada and worldwide

    Learn More
  • 2019 Sustainability Report

    Read our 2019 Sustainability Report

    Learn More