Northland Power Europe GmbH (NPE), a Northland Power Inc. related company, is currently seeking a highly motivated and professional individual to fill the position as a Performance Engineer for our office in Oststeinbek, Hamburg.
Northland Power Europe GmbH as a European head office for Northland provides services to Northland’s European and international offshore wind projects.
Northland is an independent international power producer dedicated to the development, construction, owning and operation of clean and green power projects in North America, Europe, Taiwan and Latin America and supports the German offshore windfarms Nordsee One and Deutsche Bucht.
Our facilities produce electricity from clean-burning natural gas and renewable resources such as wind, solar and biomass. Sustainability and the drive for ‘intelligent energy’ drives all efforts at Northland Power. The Company defines ‘intelligent energy’ as the ability to meet present needs without compromising future potential. Northland is committed to maintaining our culture of health and safety, community engagement and respect for the environment moving forward.
The Performance Engineer forms part of the Commercial Asset Management Team within Northland Power Europe and reports to the Director Asset Management at Northland Power Europe.
Asset Management at Northland Power Europe includes, inter alia:
- Commercial Management
- Risk & Insurance Management
- Contract & Claim Management
- Performance Engineering
- Process/Quality Management
- Asset-related Reporting
- Support of projects under Development and Construction
The Performance Engineer analyzes and interprets the performance of particular assets (usually wind turbines of the wind farms Nordsee One and Deutsche Bucht) of Northland Power, which includes, inter alia:
Education & Experience:
- Set-up, improve and work with models to calculate factual and contractual availabilities of assets
- Prepare data of asset’s performance for invoicing to contractors, grid providers and other parties
- Identify risks and opportunities in relation to the technical performance of an asset
- Support other functions in the projects with respect to performance-related data
- Support development and implement methods to analyze lifetime-related aspects of the assets
- Support to develop and implement methods to predict lifetime- and performance-related parameters
- Support interface to IT and SCADA team and implementation of smart performance monitoring systems
- Report on asset’s performance and forecast to management
- Support to the commercial team with respect to collecting cost and revenue information as well as providing commercial forecasts
- Degree in Engineering, Economics or similar
- Knowledge of the wind industry is beneficial
- Good English skills; fluent in German.
- Advanced Proficiency in MS Office, in particular MS Excel
- Profound technical understanding
- Flexibility to learn and work with different software and tools
If you believe the role is perfect for you, but you do not fit the profile 100%, we are very much looking forward to your application.
The qualification and further education of our employees is an essential part of our corporate philosophy. In addition to other attractive conditions, we are happy to support our employees in their personal development.
For more information please contact:
Andrea Glückstadt, Human Resources
Northland Power Europe GmbH
Telephone: +49 40 4 66 66 62 79